Background

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Baby Shower

Refreshments  
Guppy's Cake
Moby wrap and little outfit from Rene


Summer, Lisa and her baby Adysen (2wks old)

Lessie and Mary from Bible study


Rene the photographer and me
Guppy's new homemade blanket from Chicky (Susan)
I had my very first ever baby shower this weekend.  It was a lot of fun. I always get really nervous when a party is about me but this was very low key and just fun to be with friends.  Unfortunately most of the people I invited were out of town or had prior engagements.  We started by having refreshments and just introducing everyone.  We played two games.  The first was you had a sheet of paper that had different points for the things in your purse. The second game I picked characteristics that I wanted Guppy to have from Travis and I.  For example her eyes to by mine but her legs to be Travis'.  Then everyone else did the same and the closest one to mine got a prize.  It was really fun! Mary cracked me up because there was one character they could fill on their own and Mary said she hoped my baby had Travis's butt.  She is so funny! We opened presents and had cake.  I got so many clothes, books, baby carrier, a nursing cover, Guppy's first bracelet, and so much more. 
Travis during this time went out with his friends and went miniature golfing.  I think he would have rather have been at the baby shower.  He did swing by in the beginning just to say hi and spy on us ladies.

1 comment:

  1. The watermelon (how clever), cake and lady bug appetizers all look absolutely darling. Looks like Summer did a wonderful job for your shower.

    ReplyDelete