Background

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

First Day of School

Pep talk in the car...he was so nervous he could even muster a smile
Daddy and Son
Look at him heel like a champ

It was Henry's first day of Top Dog Academy. I was a proud mother and if I could have packed him a lunch and put on his backpack I probably would have. Instead I put on his new collar which resembles the choker of death. Henry was a little nervous like most kids are on their first day. Travis and I gave him a good pep talk on the car ride over and told him just to be himself and the other students would love him. At first Henry didn't really talk to the other dogs, but once he had found everything he could that was almost edible he became more relax and made new friends. He learned a lot at school and enjoyed the time bonding with his Dad. I loved watching them learn and play together. I can't believe how fast they grow up :)

3 comments:

  1. Your right, Henry isn't very big. I guess you are lucky because he fits into your lifestyle a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dog training is a blast! When we had Gunner (Golden Retriever) we made sure to spend lots of time when he was young helping him learn how to be part of our family.
    He turns 10 this summer and still remembers (most of) his training. It has made for a much better experience for all of us.
    Of course our lack of consistancy is mostly to blame, but he still remembers.
    Keith and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Katie, this is the first picture I've seen of Henry. He's adorable! I hope things are going well; by the sound of your blog (aside from the balls/no balls debate) things are going smoothly. And good for you for striving to be "more like Martha". I wish I had the same drive recently. I've been so lazy about making things interesting for Matt, though I always cook dinner since I'm not working now.

    ReplyDelete