Background

Saturday, October 6, 2012

 My Mom came and visited Fort Polk, Louisiana to see her first grandchild as well as Katie and I. We were so excited to have her come and visit. I didn't realize I hadn't seen my Mom since Christmas in Virginia at Lauren's house which was 9 months ago! Time is going by very fast. Well, we picked my Mom up at the airport and she got to hold Evie right away. Her name to the grandchildren is Chickee. My Dad doesn't like it very much, but Katie and I think it is unique and distinguishing. I couldn't get all of the pictures we took to rotate correctly, so some of them were left out. If I can get them to work later we'll put them on a blog post. Also, I have lots of video to get on here when my video editing software arrives approximately October 15th. It will take me a little while to figure out how to work it, and then I will start editing our video footage from the camera.
Chickee and Evalynn hanging out on the couch.  Evalynn really liked getting to know Chickee while she was here.
Katie, Chickee, and Evie before a walk
Evie loves walks...she just had a moment
Another moment...
Evie loved to be held by Chickee!!
Chickee and Evie's hands
Katie, Chickee, and Evie hanging out on the couch.
They came and visited me at my work for lunch. Evie even got dressed up in a military outfit.
Katie's favorite treat: frozen yoghurt! Chickee took us out to get the sweet treat! Evie liked it later through the fantastic tasting breast milk as a result.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the sweet post! I loved my visit. I am so lucky to have such a great son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete