Background

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Project Number One


Travis was gone all last week in the field so to keep myself busy and not missing him so much I decided to get projects done. Travis and I were blessed to be given Nanny's old desk. It is an older desk that needed a face lift (you can see what it looked like in older post) and this was the week I took on the task. I have never done anything like this away from home, but I gave it a go. The hardest part was picking a color by myself!!! I worked every night on the desk till very late. It took two coats of primer and three coats of paint, but I had it all done and moved back to the living room by the time Travis got home Friday night. Travis loves the desk and I am pretty proud of my handy work. It is a pretty bold piece, but adds a lot of color to the room!

Travis is gone this week for eye surgery in San Antonio, TX so I am deciding what projects I can get done to again keep me busy and not missing him quite as much!

1 comment:

  1. Project during your Soldier's absences are key. Jennifer always found things to keep herself busy and I always found surprises when I would return from an extended absence.
    Of course, now with a few kids, she stays busy enough with them! LOL
    Keith and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete