Background

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Project Number Two and Three

The picture is a little dark but this way you can see how the flower beds go together.

Our love tree, Henry and Watson

The side flowers

Travis was gone the beginning of the week for his eye surgery. While he was away I decided to finish our flower garden we started a few weeks ago planting and making our house a home. I finished planting the rest of our flowers. It is very relaxing working with the ground and your hands and there is always instant gratification. While I was planting I heard little birds chirping. At first I thought they were in the tree in our front lawn but then when I followed the little noise I discovered that we have a small hole by our door and you can see where the nest has been made. You can't see the birds because they are in the ceiling area, but hearing them chirp reassures spring is here!!
The other project I took on was painting our ugly white railings and banister. When we moved in everything was the same ugly white color. I had enough of it and knew that the railings and banister should be a different color. Travis loves the change and so do I!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, painting government quarters (or as they are called now, 'privatized housing')!
    Growing up with my dad in the Army, my mom always found ways to decorate within the 'rules' of the Army housing and over my service we have also done a few things. One of the easiest is using contact paper to accent the walls and ceilings which are easy to remove when time to go.
    Have fun, just remember what you have to do to return it to the standard expected by Picerne!
    Keith and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can hardly wait to see how big and beautiful the flowers will have grown by June when we come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,
    I didn't know you had a blog site! I added you to mine so I can check in on you from time to time! I am being induced tomorrow so I am a little anxious and nervous. Dylan will soon have a little brother. Sounds like things are going well for you guys. Take care!

    ReplyDelete