Background

Sunday, September 5, 2010

New and Improved




Finally after much pondering and deliberating (aka several phone calls to my mom) I picked out furniture and now it has arrived. I must say at first it was rather shocking because it filled up the whole space. Did I panic...YES! Since my mother and sister are across country I called all my female friends who will give me the truth on whether my first grown up purchase of furniture was a disaster. They assured me it was very cute, and Travis loved it as well there was no way to return it so I have learned to love it. I am finding in my old age of 24 that change can be very difficult for me. The style and size were very different than my old couches, but after having them now for a few months I have really fallen in love with them. They are still huge, but seating is never an issue and they are very comfortable. Watson has found his new favorite spot which is always the second top cushion in. I swear some day he spends 10+ sleeping or staring at us from that spot. The only con is that there is a lot of wasted space behind the curve of the couch and our coffee table doesn't really fit, but we have adapted and over come and made them part of our ever changing home.

3 comments:

  1. yay, you found a couch! Where did you end up finding one? I know that you were having problems finding one that delivered to Leesville. Excited to see it in person soon!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing about furniture and the Army is moving it (or having the movers move it!) every few years.
    Looks like you guys are still having a blast with Ft. Polk, the Army and most importantly, with each other!
    Keith and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric on the sofa and the color looks wonderful, plus it all looks VERY comfy.

    ReplyDelete