Background

Sunday, September 5, 2010

One Last Visit

Nathan, Chris, Ameen and Travis about to hit the dance floor
Travis in his blues
Jonny, Travis and Estvan

Ready for Rehearsals

Last weekend Travis and I flew to Fresno, CA for our good friends Aaron and Kim's wedding. It is also the last time Travis will see his parents and friends before his deployment. Lastly it was Travis 25th birthday (our first of his that we have spent together). Needless to say I knew going into it that this would be a weekend to remember. We arrived Friday afternoon and had lunch with Susan and just got time to catch up. Soon Travis was on the phone with friends making plans and getting together and the weekend started. That night we went to the rehearsal dinner which was really wonderful. They had Panda Express (The grooms favorite) and Travis relizing this would be his last Panda in awhile didn't hold back! I must admit it was a treat for me too since we are very far from Panda here in Louisiana. After the rehearsal dinner the after party started at the Park's house. Of coarse with the boys all back together it was like they were all in college again. Beer pong was played and after that rock band and deep conversations which I think have matured. It was a long day for Travis and I because we had been up since 2am west coast time and we didn't make it to bed until 3am Saturday morning. It was so much fun hanging out with everyone.
I feel so lucky that Travis's friends have become my own. They are one of the best groups of people and in some ways I am so jelous that I didn't have friends like them growing up. Every time we hang out with them and I get to know them better I like them more and more! I know Travis will miss them all in Afganistain but it comforting to know that when he comes back and they all get together they won't miss a beat and be right back where they left off.
The next day a group of us met for pizza and then soon it was wedding time. It was a beautiful wedding and reception. I have never seen adults who love to dance so much! After the wedding again the late after party was at the Park's house! More games, rock band and political conversations were had until 5am! Sunday we celebrated Travis's birthday with his mom and dad. He got lots of money and gift cards and his new love his Ipod.
No joke he is like the rain man with this thing. He goes to work, goes to bed, heads to the bathroom with his trusty ipod by his side.

5 comments:

  1. You have some blond in your hair--you must have gotten your hair done during your vacation. Looks good. I laughed at the "political conversations lasted until 5 am." I think I may know who started THAT conversation....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have :) but Travis literally came running when he heard politics where in the air. It got extreme with Travis buying political must reads for almost everyone by the end of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. noooo Katie...you can't bring up political conversations around Travis!! Even a tame: "Did you see in the news the other day...." is enough to start him off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I know he was in the other room when I started the conversation. Honestly he is like a blood hound and smelt the conversation starting...It was pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you guys! It was a wonderful weekend. Yes, Travis is very blessed to have had such great friends all through school and High School. You've gotta love Clovis....the salt of the earth!

    ReplyDelete