Background

Monday, June 27, 2011

Wind Surfing Lessons

Trav and I got up early the next morning and grabbed breakfast and then went to a wind surfing lesson. Trav was better than I was, but it was a lot of fun. It was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I was surprised at how heavy the sail was and how difficult it was to "catch the wind." Most of my practicing was me falling off the board while Travis was sailing away. It is needless to say that I spent most of the time watching him.
I was so excited to learn to surf
Don't let this face fool you. It may look like I am thinking but I have no idea what he is saying to me in Spanish and broken English.
Trav taking it in and feeling the wind in his hair ready to conquer the ocean
Travis first try on the board. We all had to blance on the board for five seconds and Trav made it look easy
My turn...On the board

Off the board
Standing on the board for one...two...three.. four...
Off the board...but don't I look happy while I struggle :)
Travis wind surfingMe struggling with the sail to get it up without falling off.

Trav and I waiting our turn in the water
Me finally getting the hang of it
Trav sailing away

No comments:

Post a Comment