Background

Monday, June 25, 2012

Second Trimester

Side view of Guppy curled up in a little ball
I never thought my first trimester would end, but I was not sad to see it go! I hit 15 weeks and felt like I came out of a fog and was me again.  I had a lot more energy and a lot less nausea.  It gave me hope that this wasn't going to be so bad.  It is funny how everyone tells you how great pregnancy is, and it is, but they forget to mention all the difficulties of it.  You pee nonstop, your nipples start to grow and rates you didn't think humanly possible, and that glow that is supposed to come...well lets just say I am still waiting.  However, it is more than worth it when you go to your ultrasound and see your little baby looking at you.  It is truly a miracle! It is amazing to me how quickly you fall in love and would do anything to protect your tiny baby in your belly. One of the many blessing is watching Travis enjoy the process and be so supportive.  We talk about parenting and our hopes and dreams for being a parent.  Most of the time I am very nervous because parenting is a huge responsibility.  When someone else's child is bad you always have Mom and Dad to either give the child to or blame, but now it is going to be my job to keep this little baby not only alive, but raise them with love and discipline. My other favorite thing that I will never get sick of is feeling Guppy move.  She is a mover and a shaker and I swear she is already dancing in there! She loves Travis's voice, music (especially piano and church singing), and pizza.

Guppy already so photogenic
 The only real hiccup in this trimester was that I tried to redo the baby's room in one day and it pulled all my rib muscles.  I normally can push and push and felt fine while doing it but this time it put me in bed, doctors orders, for five days! I learned not to pick up such heavy things and that I really do not like bedrest. 

At work taking advantage of a full length mirror at about 20 weeks










No comments:

Post a Comment