Background

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Week 31

I am 31 weeks this week and I can't believe only 9ish weeks to go.  I feel pretty good for the most part although it is harder and harder to be on my feet all day long and bending over to grab stuff in the OR is a task I do not look forward to.  Luckily my coworkers really do help me out as much as they can.  I have had a cold for almost two weeks and can't seem to shake it.  One of the down falls of being pregnant is that all medications say not recommended for pregnancy or take at the risk of your baby having three heads.  As a first time mom I know I am extremely cautious and by my second I will have mellowed out some, but for now I feel the best thing is to not take medication and push through it. 
One thing that was different for me this week is that Wednesday I woke up at 0330 and couldn't fall back to sleep.  I played Spider Solitaire for about 30 minutes laid in bed trying to fall asleep and nothing helped I was awake.  Finally at 0430 I got up.  I decided to paint my toe nails because I had a doctor's appointment the next day and I am always afraid of being placed in stirrups.  Working in the health field manicured feet is greatly appreciated by staff.   I painted my nails and then decided to organize my linen closet.  After that I had built up an appetite and longed for my craving this week of waffles with peanut butter and syrup.  I went down stairs but I noticed my pantry was a mess so I organized that as well.  By now it was close to 0530 so I made coffee, breakfast and packed Travis and I's lunches. I fed the dogs and then headed back upstairs to get ready.  Travis was very shocked to see me up and ready because usually he is the first to get up but he was very pleased with how much I accomplished. 
My doctors appointment went well and everything is right on track! 
The other change this week is that I retain water like a camel! I really have to be careful in this heat that I watch how much salt I eat and drink enough that I go pee every 15 minutes.   Today though my wonderful coworkers informed me that my nose has started to spread! First your belly, then your feet, hands and now my already larger nose is growing. I am waiting for feel the pregnancy glow but all I feel is the growth of my body.  I am hoping I don't look to swollen this weekend because I have maturity pictures. 

You can start to see my pregnancy line my tiny belly button and my big nose.  I love being pregnant:)




1 comment:

  1. Ok you are officially starting to look pregnant, your nose does not look like it's spreading at all (I would have cried if someone told me that the first time I was pregnant)and your belly is still not that big!! I am glad you updated, I was wondering what that belly was looking like. Hang in there, not much longer!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete