Background

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Our First Family 5K!

Travis warming up for the big race and listening to talk radio.
   
Wendye, Me, Michelle, Evie and Gabby

Travis, Me, Evie and Gabby waiting to start our race
Evie (12 weeks) with Stanly and Gabby (14 weeks)
The first place winners!!! Travis is the only one that broke a sweat.
Evie got a new hat to keep her warm on the runs
I have been running by myself and with friends and so this weekend our family entered in our first 5K race.  It was so much fun to get out there and run.  Travis ran with the little girls and took first place.  I was so proud of him!  The babies were so good and never cried just laid back and enjoyed the bumpy ride.  The big girls (Wendye, Michelle and I)  did really good for our first race.   I have many more races planned and honestly hope that is something that our family continues to do together. 

The race was downtown and they were also doing celebrating Veteran's Day with booths and music so we walked up and down the street.   When I saw this penguin hat Travis and I couldn't resist and got it for Evie.  It will be really handy on our cold morning runs to keep her ears warm. 

1 comment:

  1. You, Travis, Jeff and Evie will all have to go for runs over Christmas! I will not partake. Although I am always open for a walk if anyone wants a slower pace:)

    ReplyDelete