Background

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Saying Goodbye

Me, Wendye and Evie
Judy, Me, Wendye and Michelle

Racheal, Evie, Judy, Shelly, Wendye, Me, Michelle and Dana

Michelle, Wendye, Me and Evie
There are many great things about the Army but one of the things I don't like is that it keeps taking away my best friends.  Wendye has become one of my dearest friends over the last few years.  We met through work and were both RNs in surgery.  She always had my back in the OR and we worked like clock work anticipating the other person's moves.  We really didn't become best friends until our husbands returned from tour but since then we have bonded as close as sisters.  Wendye is an amazing mother, wife and friend and I am going to miss her so much! I am dreading the last few months here without her and honestly don't know what I will do without my confidante and workout buddy.  She is moving to Fort Bliss, TX November 31st.   We have become so close and have laughed, cried and can even finish each other sentences.   I feel so blessed that God has placed her in my life and can honestly say that she has taught me a lot of valuable lessons that I will take with me forever. 

This past weekend we had a going away party for her and although there is nothing I could do to show her how special she is to me it was a great night.  There was lots of yummy food and we played Bunko.  I know Wendye had a great time and felt appreciated which is exactly what I wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment