Background

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Barely Surviving Week 3 of Training

This was the bright and exciting week 3 of my training. I was really excited because this week I started with my trainer Kate at the gym here on base. Tuesday I did a nice and easy four mile jog with my friend Bree bright and early in the morning before work. I was feeling great. Then came Wednesday! I got up at 0415 go my coffee a small breakfast and headed to the gym with so much excitement for my first ever training session with a trainer. I was a little disappointed because the person who was supposed to open the gym was 20 minutes late, but by the end of my first work out I don't think I could have made it another 20 minutes. Kate's warm up for me was first me being like a gazelle and jumping over these stairs that literally felt like four to six feet apart, then fifty lunges followed by a sprint around the entire gym. I was breathing heavy to say the least and lucky for me she would have had me do this two more times but we were running behind because the gym opened late. I have never been so glad for someone sleeping in :) We got right to it with legs. I did this machine where we did lunges with weights, then hamstring curls, and lunge walks holding 20lbs. We did those exercises three times through and by the end of it my legs were shaking. I have to admit I can't remember a lot of the rest of the work out now and I honestly think it is because my mind is trying to black it out to survive:) I know we did do some arms and then abs with a small break in between where I ran to the bathroom because I thought I was going to regurgitate my breakfast!
Thursday I woke up and wish I wouldn't have because it felt like someone had come in during the night and ran over me with a steam roller. I cautiously got ready and headed to the gym for my four mile speed workout. I felt good after the first mile and finished strong but once my muscles cooled down I thought I would never be the same. After and excruciating day at work I came home and got into the bath with Epsom salts. Then I refused to move for the rest of the night. I went to bed extremely early because in the morning I was up and trying to act ready for Kate.

I am not kidding you the thought of canceling crossed my mind more than once, but I had already paid for this torture and I am determined to get my money's worth. I waddled into the gym the only thing not hurting was my face so I did smile at Kate but inside I was very scared. I tried to tell her that I hurt every where but she said not to worry. I am happy to say I made it through another workout without puking! At this point I think that is a reasonable goal. Kate told me not to do anything Saturday and I did exactly as she ordered. I woke up today, Sunday, and was going to go running with Bree but on my drive out I got a call from the hospital and had to rush home and then into work. I only have a five mile easy run and I plan on doing it later tonight when it cools off. Today is the first day though where I can walk without limping and bend over and tie my shoes. I don't know what I signed myself up for but I better look like a rock star by the end of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment