Background

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 2 of Training

This is looking out around the track at honor field. It really doesn't do it justice but this is what I was looking at at 0615.


My new watch charging up for my first big run!

This is week two of my training for a half marathon. I have been really surprised how easy my runs have been even my long Sunday runs. It is starting to be really fun just running. I did make an investment and bought a Garmin watch since I am a serious runner now...or want to be some day. Today was the first day I used it and I love it! It tells me how far I have run, pace, time, heart rate, calories burned and so on. I can hook it up to my computer and log my runs. It will be fun to track my progress. I have also decided to use a personal trainer for the last three months before Travis comes home just to cut a few more pounds and trim up. My trainer if very nice and I am a little scared of our first workout together which is Wednesday at 5am. I have a feeling I am going to really feel it! This morning I did my long run of 5 miles. It was my slow pace and so I finished it in 53 minutes. I felt great though and really wasn't that tired. I had to run by myself since my Tri partner Fran is out of town with her mom and Bree, who had a family emergency last night and had to cancel at the last minute. I didn't want to get up and run this morning but once I hit the track I was glad I made it out. It was a beautiful morning and it wasn't to hot to run.

2 comments:

  1. Ok you just made my day!! To hear you are training and actually liking running. I can't wait for you guys to join family vacations again so we can get up and run together!! Yea I will finally have a running buddy on family vacays:). You will love your new running watch, I am now addicted to mine and hate not running with it. You are going to rock your half! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel it is my duty to tell you that I am a Pemberton at heart and I am very slow! So don't get to excited but yes when we go on family vacation I will let you slow down and run with me:)

    ReplyDelete