Background

Friday, February 12, 2010

Birthday Weekend


Attempt at a family shot....We are missing Watson and you can't see Charlie....shucks!
For my birthday I asked Travis for a pet stroller so that Watson could enjoy the great outdoors with Charlie and I when we went for walks. I knew the risk going into this, that chances are I will be labeled the crazy cat lady on the block! But if you are a parent you don't care about what others think you just do what is best for your children and seeing Watson's eyes light up as he discovers the world via stroller makes it all worth it! I received the box a few weeks ago but was determined not to open it till my birthday...but I couldn't wait any longer. Travis and I opened the box and assembled our very first stroller together! We put Henry in it to test out the weight limit and it passed. We were ready for our walk in the snow and slush! We stopped briefly to let the animals rest. The dogs were having a great time trotting through all the puddles. Watson was just looking out of his stroller never saying a word till we stopped! I think Watson was loving the ride and just getting fresh air! Did I feel like a crazy cat lady...you bet I did! People would drive by and take double takes! I felt as though my next purchase should be a straight jacket :) The stroller works great though and Travis and I loved the walk!
Here is a trail right by our house that goes through the woods. Travis and I stopped after running to take a picture before heading home. The dogs were wet and dirty so we gave them baths when we got back. Luckily Watson didn't get wet at all, but did get nervous with the jogging we did!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Now we know who to look for around Fort Polk. LOL
    That is a great trail from your area down to the hospital. if you haven't found them yet, there are a couple of ponds closer to the south also that make for an easy place to fish. We sometimes park at the ponds (off Chaffee) and walk north, then back.
    Perhaps we'll run across you sometime, you with your "three" and us with our four!
    Keith and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete