Background

Thursday, February 11, 2010

How did I get talked into this...


Henry Jay Park


Last Saturday Travis and I went to one of his co-workers house for a BBQ and to watch a UFC fight. The man had had two litters of labs. Travis had been telling me how cute they were for about a month and how Charlie and Watson only followed me around the house and no one followed him. I of coarse being a the sense of reason had told him all the reasons why a puppy is a bad idea...and there were a lot! There we were enjoying the BBQ and watching the fight and pretty soon Travis started bothering me about the puppies outside. There were four puppies left and before I know it Travis had talked me to go outside to "look" at the puppies. One thing led to another and before you know it we came home with Henry. If you know Travis though he gets that look about him and you know that no matter how many times you say no....Travis only hears yes.
I made sure to set up ground rules, he couldn't get in our bed or couch and Travis was responsible for Henry and all his messes. I said we could try it for a week and then I would decide. We brought Henry home and it wasn't long before he had won our hearts. First, Henry was very thin!!! He was with a much bigger and dominate puppy who ate all the food! Henry looked like a survivor of a Holocaust camp! So we started by feeding the poor thing. Next was the bad smelling ears, so Travis made an appointment at the vet and I took him. Henry got his shots, microchip, and meds for the mittes in his ears.
I knew he was really ours when Travis said, "I have been thinking about what I want for Valentines day and all I want is Henry."
So here we are with a new edition to our family! We have kept it a secret to our families because I wasn't sure he was going to stay. He has been a very good puppy though for the most part and a great friend for Charlie. It is battle every day now to get Henry outside before he makes a mess. He hasn't chewed on anything and is very willing to please.
I figure this could either be the best decision we make or one of the worse...only time will tell!

4 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious....a puppy. That's bold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a golden retriever who was our "first child" after being married for a year. We love him and our boys have all grown up with him. Everyone thinks he is part of the family and he loves the food messes the boys leave. We decided to only have one though; having three pets in the house would be too much for us!
    If you live in a Picerne residence, just remember their rules, would not want you to get in trouble for breaking them. I honestly don't know what they are for multiples, but I think on 1 January, they modified their rules to add a pet deposit or something. They are not bad folks to work with, just something to think of.
    Congrats on your new addition!
    Keith and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is cute too. I am glad you guys love him already. Hope you have a great birthday Katie! We all miss you.

    ReplyDelete