Background

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Raining Cats and Dogs



Early one morning after Travis had gone to PT I was woke up by a huge crack of thunder which sounded like artillery in my backyard. Charlie was up too and shaking I called him over and put in under the covers. The next surge of thunder Watson ran into the bedroom and hopped on the bed next to me and didn't hesitate crawling under the covers. I sat and tried to sooth both of them and explain it was only thunder and lighting and they were safe! I can't wait to have our own children that actually understand and pay attention instead of lick themselves!
It continued to rain most of the day and Charlie wouldn't go out to potty! Finally when he did he pranced around not to get his paws wet. I really have to give him credit because by this time we had a small pool in our back yard that came up to his little knees!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the rainy season! Careful your yard does not get so saturated it shifts, kind of like a mud slide from the west coast.
    It will be like that around here until Spring, then it will still rain, just be a lot hotter!
    Keith and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you keep it from saturating your yard? I came from very dry place so I need to buy more umbrellas an watch out for mud slides!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't. We dug a little ditch in part of our yard to help divert, but it was not that effective. Otherwise just keep an eye on it and don't drive on it!

    ReplyDelete