Background

Monday, February 15, 2010

My 24th Birthday!!!


Travis woke up early while I slept and decorated the kitchen (which my mom sent) and made me the traditional bread dough pudding. Even though the bread dough didn't come out right...it was a great first attempt and it did make it feel more like home. I loved the way Travis decorated with the streamers! I have never seen this type of decorating technique! He hung them low as if it was a Venus fly trap and I did get stuck a lot due to my party hat! It was the best surprise I could have had for my 24th birthday away from home.
I love it!
My mom sent a box of goodies! Full of decorations, pictures of home, cards, party favors and even a game of pin the tail on the donkey! It was so fun opening presents from home and knowing they were thinking of my on my Birthday!

Travis gnawing on the bread dough pudding. It was so sweet of him to make me my favorite breakfast....I am sure next years attempt will be even better :) The taste was good but the sauce which is usually the consistency of gravy turned into the consistency of stale silly puddy! At this point you can just laugh and know that your making many memories!

I got so many great gifts from my family and friends. My mom got me a cookie scooper, utensils, workout clothes, books on Louisiana for hiking and entertainment, a sweatshirt and all the party goodies! My sister made me this adorable books from the Bible! I can't wait to take them everywhere and read them! Susan (Travis's mom) got me a beautiful jewelry box!!! I am so excited because I have never had a jewelry box and was in desperate need for one.
Unfortunately Travis was sick all day so we sat on the couch and watched movies! While we watched the movie Henry's gas made us jump up worried that he had pooped in the house, but he was just laying there probably feeling better now that he got the gas out.
We watched What Happens in Vegas and Julia and Julie while I blogged :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Katie!
    Keith and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I kept thinking about you all day today wondering how your birthday was going. I knew you would be busy and didn't want to bother you with a call. Sounds like you and Travis had a great weekend....birthday included. (However, sorry to hear Travis was sick...poor guy. Maybe it was from staying up late dancing.) Happy Birthday to my favorite daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried calling you but only got your message machine! It was a good birthday weekend/ Valentine's day! It was so nice to spend it with my best friend...Travis! I hope you come and visit soon and you will be able to dance with us :) By the way I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new jewelry box!!! How did you know I really wanted one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy too when he made bread dough for me for my birhtday came out with a gravy conisisty. For many years we finally realized the secert is the size of the pan if there is too much room in the pan it boils the sause for too long and it comes out like a carmel. Try using a smaller dish or two loaves like mom does. love ya sis

    ReplyDelete