Background

Monday, January 18, 2010

Anniversary Continue...


Back from lunch! This is one of the dressed Travis got me at Threads!
My mom said we should take a kissing picture of our first anniversary....Travis said I had to use this one!
Travis opening the bubbly!Trav gave us two thumbs up!

After church Travis took us to our favorite restaurant in town, Hana! It is a sushi place, my favorite! It was a great lunch and it was fun laughing over the past year and hearing Travis's favorites. We both agreed our trips to see each other in Oklahoma City while Travis was training were very fun and unforgettable! I will spare you the details! It was meetings like those that made the long distance not so unbearable! Plus it always felt like our honeymoon over and over again! Just in the last couple weeks having a home and living with Travis again, I don't think I have laughed so hard! Several times a day he will get me going and it will end in blurry vision due to tears and my stomach muscles aching! It is usually when he is trying to be sexy and trying to get me in the mood, but it never works and instead he just has a body the jitters from laughter. I wish I could share one of these times, but either I forget why I started laughing or it is inappropriate.

After lunch we stopped and got a movie, District 9 and headed by home. Before the movie we got distracted and ended up putting beans in our jar :) This reminded us to count our beans! For those of you who don't know about the bean jar it goes something like this. For the first year for you marriage every time the two of you "do it" you put a bean in the jar. It was our first year and our jar of beans was ready to be counted to see how we did :) I told Travis to pop the champagne bottle to celebrate while we counted. We divided every pile into twenty beans. Soon our table was full of piles. Then I counted all the piles one, two, three....fourteen, fifteen....twenty-one, twenty-two. Times that by 20 (for the number of beans in each pile) add ten due to a smaller pile and you have 450 beans!!!! Travis and I were both shocked especially since five to six months of our first year were spent apart! Trav looked very proud as he looked at the work he had done!

After the counting we spooned on the couch Travis, Me and Charlie. The rest of the day became lazy day! I blogged and watched Dancing with the Stars and Travis watched while playing his DS. Finally I said we had enough and we layed on the couch just talking and decided to do a Dancing with the Stars Marathon! We made it to week five and then went to bed. Not the most exciting way to spend your first anniversary but memorable none the less! I told Travis that this way all he has to do is get me a card and it will be better than our first year anniversary :)

5 comments:

  1. You two are definitely well matched! and not shy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Katie I can't believe how much you have blogged-I've been gone a couple days and you filled pages. Thanks for all the pictures of your house and town it helps me picture you there.
    I can't believe you've been married a year and yet when I think of all the things you two have done this last year and places you've gone-crazy huh? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Fort Polk! My wife and I have enjoyed reading your posts about arriving here and figuring out the local atmosphere. Reading about your 1st year married reminded us about our first year married at Fort Riley. (We won't share our bean count though! LOL)
    We have been at Polk for almost 5 years and love it here, enjoy your time in this part of America. Perhaps we'll see you around, with all the pictures it should not be that difficult to recognize either of you.
    Keith and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Keith and Jennifer-

    I was so excited to have "fans" other than my family members! Do you have a blog that Travis and I could visit? I hope that we will bump into each other, please don't feel shy and come say HI!

    Thanks for the comment it made my Tuesday!
    Hope to see you soon!
    Katie and Travis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie and Travis,
    We don't have a blog, but we will enjoy reading yours.
    Keith and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete