Background

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My job as co-pilot


I have yet to drive the monster...nor do I ever plan to unless for some reason Travis's health fails and it is just me to move our things to Louisiana. Therefore as co-pilot I have given myself a lot of important jobs to justify why I need to stay on the right side of the cab.
First and more importantly is checking the mirrors. For some reason the mirrors on the right side of the Uhaul will not move. Travis can not see them from his seat so I have to take on the role of his second pair of eyes. We are getting really good at it and lane changes are becoming a breeze.
Secondly I make sure the cab of the Uhaul stays clean and organized. This is a job Travis would really sturggle with and so I have no problem letting him stay behind the wheel while I tend to the cab's cleanliness.

Thirdly I take care of the children. As much as possible I have the kids on my lab or by my side. That way Travis can completely focus on the road...for all of our safety.
Lastly I do it so that we make it to Louisiana...honestly the thought of driving that machine makes my mouth dry and my hands and pits sweat....LOTS of sweat! Probably so much in fact I would have a hard time griping the wheel :) So I will forever be the trusty co-pilot.

2 comments:

  1. You are good at this and very funny too!! I would also be just a co-pilot. Dave would never let me drive anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for not wanting to drive the U-Haul. I don't even like driving the little 10 ft trucks around. There is just something scary about driving a large vehicle with poorly placed mirriors and no way to see what is behind you. I am sure with a large truck and a trailer it is a hundred times worse.

    ReplyDelete