Background

Monday, January 25, 2010

Hunting and Friends


Travis's hunting license and new hunting hat :)



Travis went Duck hunting for the first time!! I think I was more excited than he was because I packed a whole cooler and bag of snacks for him to take with him. It had muffins and orange juice, cookies, chips and salsa, beef jerky, soda, water and more. It was a hit! Travis woke up really early and was grouchy for his very first day of hunting. One of the first things he said was, "I hate hunting this is way too early." I told him to buck up and get going!!! I had his coffee in the themas and his snacks by the door. I kissed him goodbye and went back to bed for several more hours. At about 0900 I get a text from him it is a picture of him sitting duck hunting with a big grin on his face!!! After that all he could talk about was how fun it was! Travis and his friends shot 12 ducks that day and he couldn't be prouder.

Travis and I had a joke that his first bird he shot he would take to the taxidermy and get it stuffed. We would mount it on the wall or even better hang it from the ceiling above our dinning room table. I would laugh hard at the thought of the duck handing right by my antique china cabinet. I thought this was a joke.....Travis thought it was serious. You can only imagine my shock when Travis called saying he kept the smallest most handsome duck and was going to take it to the taxidermy shop on the way home! I started laughing, but then quickly realized that Travis was serious. Then we started arguing about it.....how did we get here! I never thought when I married Travis I would have to argue about if a stuffed duck should hang over our dinner table!!! I finally said he could stuff it and we could start a wall in the garage for it. Travis didn't agree and the duck is still frozen in our freezer. Which all things considered I think it looks perfect there.

3 comments:

  1. I think that Travis should be allowed to get the duck stuffed for display. After all, he did choose the "smallest and most handsome duck" so he was thinking of you as well. And if you are really not going to let him hang it at home, I am sure the guys at work would not mind a little manly decoration in the office!
    Good Job Travis! Remember, LoUiSiAna - the Sportsman's Paradise.
    Keith and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I know you are right...the office would love it :) Have you ever seen the movie Julie and Julia? If not watch it because I feel like your my pen pals just like in the movie, bestfriends that I have never actually met:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer and I like reading your posts. SO much reminds us of us!
    Keith and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete