Background

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The President is come....



So with our first guest coming Susan and Lauren. I was buzzing around the house trying to make sure every nook and cranny was in place. I had to get flowers at the store, hang up pictures, make sure our guest room (bird room) was ready to go! My favorite thing was setting the table with all my new dishes from Nanny and our new china! I would put something out and then yell at Travis to come see how beautiful it was. I kept asking if he thought his mom and sister would love it! He ensured me they would feel very special! I had planned the menu several times in my head and how dinner would go! I even thought of conversation starters if things got dull! I don't think I have ever been so excited to have guest in our home...I felt like I was having the President over for dinner!!
Susan and Lauren arrived at 1900ish (7pm). The candles were lit and everything was in it's place. We gave them a grand tour of the house and hearing their oohs and ahhs made me the proud owner of our new home!!! We sat down for dinner and had miso soup, homemade wontons with green beans and chinese salads, and dump cake for dessert with green tea! We laughed so hard and talked late into the night. Travis got out Wits and Wagers and we played a few rounds. I am sure we would have stayed up much later but Travis had to get up for PT (physical training) at 0550.
The next morning Travis, Susan and I got up and had breakfast while Lauren slept. Travis went off to work and the rest of us girls just sat around and had a relaxing morning. Travis got off or work early and came home and had lunch with all of us. He recommended this hole-n-the wall BBQ place he had been to the first time he was at Fort Polk in December. I have no idea how he found this place because we pulled up and said, "Here we are" and Lauren and I at the same time said, "Where is it?" On the side of the building there was the restaurant. Bobby one of the owners took our order and we sat down. It was great food and big portions! We finished lunch and gave Susan and Lauren a quick tour of the rest of Leesville, which entails driving down the one road to see our twenty stores. We had to be back by 1300 for the washer and dryer to be delievered and Lauren and Susan had to get on the road again.
It was so much fun having them stay with us and I hope we have more family comes and visits!

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend the "Park Hotel". The food is delicious, the company extremely entertaining, and the bed warm and comfy. Both Lauren and I loved our visit so much. It was wonderful to be able to see the house, neighborhood and town, as well as spend a little time with my son and daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete