Background

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cecil's Cajun Cafe


Our date night to finish adventure day!

Crawfish tails...deeelious!

Off we went to Cecil's! It was a nice relaxing drive and we got to see parts of little Deritter. We sat down at our table and our first risk was ordering crawfish tails. We loved them!!! If you ever get a chance have crawfish tails. They are a mix between shrimp and lobster tails...yum! Travis ordered a tiger hamburger and I got the New Orleans Fish which was tilapia with a crab sauce. I even got jambalaya! Our food was delicious and a place we would return to.

We decided that on the way home we would stop and get a McDonald's ice cream cone. This has kind of become a tradition here in Louisiana. It all started the second night after a long day of unpacking and just wanting a "sweet treat" as I like to call it. With not much convincing I had Travis in the car on our way to get a McDonald's vanilla ice cream cones. We chose McDonald's because it is a chain and so it should be standard food and service. We pull up to the speaker and in a sweet voice we hear, "Welcome to McDonald's would you like to try our hot chocolate" I politely declined and about to make my order when I hear, "Okay, pull up to the second window." This threw me for a loop and in my shaken state I asked, "You want me to pull up to the second window?" She answered, "Yes ma'm." Not wanting to argue with the lady that stood between me getting and ice cream cone I started to pull forward. I slowed down as there is girl with a headset on in the first window. I started asking myself was it the first window or the second. With the pressure of not getting our ice cream cones both of us started wondering if we should stop or risk it and go to the second window. I creeped by first window the the girl didn't seem to notice us. We finally pulled up to the second woman and there was a younger girl with her hands on her hip leaning against the window just staring at us. One...two....three.....five seconds went by and she didn't say anything. I realized I was supposed to order so I say, "Umm two ice cream cones and a water." "Is that everything?" she finally spoke. "Yes, thanks." She turned and walked to get our order. Travis and I started asking ourselves what just happened, where we missing something or was this too weird! The girl came back to the window and said, "It will be $2.14" Travis couldn't help himself and asked, "Is there something wrong with your speakers and that is why you didn't take our order?" I just smiled thinking of course something isn't wrong with their speakers she asked me if I wanted a hot chocolate. She answered, "No we just have fewer people so it is easier to just wait and get ya'lls order." I nodded my head like I understood, but I have been in the fast food business and this made no since at all! Travis and I pulled away; happy we got our ice cream. Then Travis said, "If only there was some professionalism in this town it would make a lot more money and grow."

2 comments:

  1. It was so much fun to come home from our road trip across the country and catch up on all your adventures at Ft. Polk! Loved all the pictures and chit chat about everything!
    Also, loved the visit so much. It was the highlight of our trip! It was the most laughter I've had in a long time. Thanks for the great food, entertainment, and the wonderful bed to sleep in.
    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to come and visit. I have to experience this place!! I love Travis, he has to be the best person in the world to experience this with. He cracks me up and you do a great job telling us about it. Keep smiling you guys. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete